Marital Property Division in CA
Ready to Assist with Your Complex Property Division Matters
Our elite family law legal team at the Bez Law Firm, P.C. is among a handful of law firms with the capability and experience necessary to handle tough cases involving complicated marital property division. We understand the challenges our clients face, and we are able to provide the highest standard of advocacy.We can assist clients with many aspects of divorce property division, including:
- Assessing the value of assets that are subject to division
- Identifying what is classified as marital property, and what is separate
- Dividing businesses, partnerships, professional corporations, and real estate holdings
- Understanding the tax implications of transferring assets
- Resolving disputes over properties and assets
The sooner you get in touch with our honest, helpful, and upfront law firm, the better we can advocate for you and build your case. Our property division attorneys serve Rocklin, Roseville, and all of Placer County.
How Are Marital Assets Divided in Divorce?
California is a “community roperty” state. property such as your home, income and personal assets purchased during the course of the marriage will be considered “community property” and will be disbursed equally by the court.
You and your spouse may agree upon how best to divide your property, but any property acquired before you were married, after the date of separation or inheritance will remain the separate and sole property of the spouse who acquired it.
In California, property obtained over the course of the marriage is subject to equal division between the parties, with only some exceptions.
In some cases, these divisions are made complex by certain factors, such as:
- The division of the family home
- The division of a closely-held shared business, corporation, or real estate holdings
- Large estates / high net worth individuals
- Debts incurred by one or both parties
- The tuition paid for a college degree / professional license
- Retirement assets
- Deferred compensation for high-paying spouses
There are many aspects of your life that a complex divorce could impact, including your financial status/assets. Our Roseville property division lawyers can represent men and women in complex property division matters.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer for My Property Division?
Our team at the Bez Law Firm, P.C. has been helping clients with complicated personal property division cases for years. We are known as an intuitive, honest, and dedicated law firm. We don't just strive to get you results today; we also want to put you in a position to continue to move forward with success after your divorce. We are your advocates and we're here to stand with you!
The right lawyer can turn your headache into peace of mind. A Roseville property division attorney from our firm could make a difference. Contact us at (916) 512-8944 now!