Roseville Divorce Lawyer
Experienced Divorce Attorney Serving Placer County, CA
Divorce is a complex process. Not only is it typically a highly involved legal family matter, but it is also an emotional and stressful time for many couples with numerous changes of practical, financial, relational, and other natures.
At the Bez Law Firm, P.C., our divorce lawyers understand and sympathize with these challenges. Our Roseville, CA divorce attorneys are knowledgeable and caring, with a laser-focused commitment to our client's interests and care.
Our Roseville divorce lawyers believe in the importance of what we do and are passionate about advocating for our client's rights, even in the most complex or contentious divorce proceedings.
You need a tough team — we're ready to stand by you. We welcome same-sex couples and gladly represent clients from the LGBTQ community.
Learn more about filing for divorce in California by calling (916) 512-8944 or contacting us online to schedule your consultation today with an experienced Roseville, CA divorce attorney!
What Must Be Decided in a Divorce Settlement?
Numerous factors may play a role in your divorce agreement, and these factors vary widely depending on your unique situation. Our experienced Roseville, CA divorce attorneys can help with any family law matter that may play a role in your divorce.
They may include some or all of the following:
- Child custody - If you have children, you and your spouse will need to make arrangements for where your child will live and how you will parent. Matters of physical and legal custody must be arranged. If you and your spouse cannot reach an agreement regarding your parenting schedule, the court may decide for you.
- Child support - One spouse may be required to pay child support, following state guidelines to determine the amount and duration. Factors such as income, the needs of the child, and time spent with each parent will factor in to a child support decision. The parent may also be required to pay support until the child is 18 or 19 and still in school.
- Alimony / spousal support - For divorces where one spouse is required to pay spousal support, the court may make a decision based on the length of the marriage. If the couple was married for less than a decade, the supporting spouse may be required to make alimony payments for a period of time equal to half of the length of the marriage. For marriages that lasted 10 years or more, support can continue until the payee remarries or either party passes away.
- Property division - Community property states like California divide assets and obligations equally when they were acquired over the course of a marriage. In some cases, property division is very complicated, including real estate, retirement funds, businesses, professional corporations, partnerships, personal property, and more. The right divorce lawyer on your side could make a huge difference. Complex property division is especially common in high-asset divorce cases.
Contested vs. Uncontested Divorce in Roseville
You may be wondering what the difference between a contested and an uncontested divorce is:
- A contested divorce is one in which the parties are unable to come to an agreement on various issues associated with their marriage dissolution such as those outlined above. As a result, they typically must go to court in order to receive a judgment and finalize the terms of their divorce.
- In an uncontested divorce, the parties can come to an agreement together, and must only write up a divorce agreement and submit it to a judge for final approval-which will most likely be granted.
In both cases, it is essential to have skilled divorce lawyers serving Roseville on your side to inform you of your options, protect your legal rights, and ensure that your future is secure. Even in an uncontested divorce, a divorce attorney can give you peace of mind by managing details, protecting your assets, and ensuring that your rights are upheld and your interests represented. These decisions are too critical only to hire a trusted Roseville family law attorney on whom you can entirely rely.
Our Experienced Roseville Divorce Attorney Can Help
Our team at Bez Law Firm, P.C. is passionate about advocating for our clients rights. We make the process easy. We are your advocates and we're ready to stand with you. Call the experienced Roseville, CA divorce attorney at Bez Law Firm, P.C. now at (916) 512-8944.
Contact Bez Law Firm, P.C. to Schedule a Consultation With a Skilled Divorce Lawyer in Roseville. Give us a call today.
Reasons to Choose Us
Caseload That Is 100% Divorce & Family Law
Dedicated to Positive, Amicable Resolutions
We’ll Be at Your Side Every Step of the Way
No Case Is Too Complex for Us to Handle
No-Pressure, Family-Focused Environment
This month's organization: Rise Against Hunger
We're Ready to Help
Call (916) 512-8944 or send us a message below to get started.